Friday, May 31, 2013

Secret Closet Plans

Last week I eluded to some secret plans that I had for the former closet in Claire's room.While it may take some time to see my vision complete, I didn't want to leave you hanging, and thought that I would give you a few hints as what to expect. Here's what we started with when we first moved into the home:



Claire's closet left a lot to want when it came to storage for her clothes. It's a pretty narrow but deep space, and it also has a beautiful decorative window inside. Awkward.

The first steps that I have taken towards renovating this space is to patch up the holes, clean and caulk the trim and window, and eventually give it a fresh coat of paint.






The pictures above were taken before caulk and paint and before I had a chance to patch the holes in the window. Once the window and trim around the window has been painted and caulked, I'd like to install a secondary pane of glass to help protect the window from any unruly toddler activity, but also provide an additional weather barrier to help insulate the closet against the winter weather.

As for a few hints on what the space will become, I'll leave you with a couple of these images to mull over. I am so excited to get started on this space! Behold:

Some Ikea "Green Bird" fabric that I picked up on Ebay since Ikea no longer sells it.

Via Pinterest

Via Pinterest

**Note: The two Pinterest images above do not link back to the original source for the images. I would LOVE to give the original source credit for these photos, so if you know where I can find the original links, please let me know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment