Monday, May 13, 2013

To Narnia!

Seriously, grab your fur coats!



Isn't it lovely?

I stumbled upon the greatest little "hole in the wall" furniture shop via Craigslist. This little gem was only $65, and I happily snatched it up! I've got plans to use this in Claire's room. She was in dire need of a better way to store her clothes, and this, my friends, is the ticket!

The drawers don't look that orange in person. I think it's the camera playing up the woodgrain.


Check out all of that handsome storage! The built-in drawers is what sold me on the piece. Also, the beautiful spindle legs remind me of the legs that are on her bed frame, so I thought these would match nicely. I will need to make some modifications to it-- mostly by removing the hang rack that currently sits inside (that metal hanger-like piece). It is designed to hang garments from back to front which isn't very efficient. I'd prefer to hang things from side to side. I haven't decided on whether or not I am going to paint this piece, either. I have yet to get it upstairs (it's too heavy and bulky for one person to lug it up the stairs), and I really need to see it in the space before I can make that type of a decision. I love the Art Deco design on the doors. The wood finish as of now is somewhat dull, so perhaps a good cleaning will revive her. I've also contemplated painting the drawers-- I've seen so many fun ombre style dressers-- but I'm not sure if that would look awkward inside the wardrobe.

Sorry for the grainy phone photo, but she looked so cute sitting inside!


Some of you may be thinking, "but wait a minute-- doesn't her room already have a closet?" Yes, it does. but it's such an awkward little space. From the size to the half-moon window, it just isn't functioning very well. I do have plans for this space, though. I think it would make a lovely secret reading nook. I've got a $5 wall treatment planned as well as a pillow poof to sew. I've envisioned it all in my head, and it's going to be fantastic. I can't wait to get started.

As for that little furniture shop I've discovered, I'm definitely going back. They had some amazing pieces for cheap! A lot of their inventory came from auction houses and estate sales, so there are TONS of fabulous vintage finds.

Do you have a favorite place to find furniture? Would you paint this wardrobe or leave it as is? Anyone else hopeful to run into Mr. Tumnas? I am. Let's go!


No comments:

Post a Comment