Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Moving Update

So much to do, and so little time.

I can hardly believe that in just a few days we will be finalizing the settlement on our new house. I am beyond excited, but I am also incredibly stressed out! You'd think that since I started packing in December, when we first decided that we would be moving, that I would have everything together. The sad truth is that I do not. Since I've been the only person packing (the compromise I struck with the hubs as he does the heavy lifting), in addition to organizing the loan paperwork for our house and maintaining our every day schedule, there is still a lot left to be done. I haven't even touched the garage yet. Mostly because it's been cold and snowy, but also because I've needed to whittle down our mountain of packing paper to uncover some of the things that hide beneath that mess. Thankfully, after a rather busy weekend of packing, I have a majority of the house finished. That means by this weekend I've got to get our 1955 Desoto that we've been storing in our garage prepped for moving in addition to all of the other miscellaneous garagey type things that will be hauled to the new home.



Then there is the last minute documents requested by the underwriter for our loan. This whole process has been an emotional roller coaster, and I cannot wait until it is over. I don't know if I could have kept my sanity if it weren't for our amazing realtor. He has been a rock this entire time, and has worked hard to get us into our new house as quickly as possible. He's even tackled some of the challenges we've been facing regarding our loan, and has put a few back up plans in place should something go awry. I wish I could buy a second home just to hire him all over again. Seriously, if you are in the market for a home in the state of Pennsylvania, I have the right man for the job!

I'd like to thank our realtor for all of his hard work in this process and give him a token of our appreciation, but am unsure how to do that. Looks like something to search for on Pinterest this evening! If you have any ideas or suggestions, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment