Friday, April 19, 2013

Dairy Free PBJ Breakfast Smoothie

I know what you're thinking... peanut butter and jelly for breakfast?!

TRUST me when I tell you that this recipe is so delicious! I stumbled upon it when cleaning out our freezer to prepare for our move. I had a couple bags of frozen strawberries to use, and thought it would be best to make a smoothie since I also had some almond milk left over from making ice cream. Originally I had been just blending a simple strawberry and banana smoothie, but after I had left the jar of peanut butter sitting on the counter, curiosity hit me. I wonder how my smoothie would taste with a spoonful of peanut butter...




Heaven. That's what it tasted like. Pure, unadulterated awesome. Since I gave up wheat, I hadn't had a PBJ sandwich in a LONG time. They're one of my absolute favorite treats. And this smoothie tastes JUST like one. It was amazing! Another great thing is that it is dairy free! One of my favorite things was to wash down my gooey PBJ sandwich with a nice, tall glass of milk, but when I gave up bread, I also gave up most dairy.

If you're a PBJ die-hard like myself, you have GOT to try this smoothie! It's incredibly fast simple to make. Here's what you'll need:

Ingredients:

1 Banana
4-6 Frozen Strawberries
1 Tablespoon Peanut Butter
1 Cup Almond Milk

Now, you don't have to be exactly precise in your measurements, and you can make this smoothie to fit whatever consistency you prefer. A lot will depend on the size of banana or strawberries you use, so if you like a thicker shake, add more strawberries. If you like something less thick, don't add as many strawberries (or you can add a splash of more almond milk).

Toss your ingredients in the blender, puree till smooth, and voila! You've got a healthy, tasty PBJ smoothie that is dairy free. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment