Monday, February 18, 2013

Vintage Patterns

How many of you out there sew and like to collect vintage patterns? It's a relatively new thing I have been doing lately, and my last visit to the goodwill turned out to be extremely lucrative. I found a handful of vintage children's patterns for only $.25!

Now, I have a little bit of a fear when it comes to collecting things-- mostly because I don't want to become a hoarder! I like my things to have purpose rather than just collecting stuff for the sake of it. I'd definitely like to put these guys to good use, but not much is in Claire's size. For only twenty-five cents, I couldn't pass up such a great deal.  There is only one pattern that is large enough for her in a size 5. Perhaps I'll be able to trade them for something that will better fit her unless I can become proficient in altering a pattern for a larger size. Considering that I am an amateur when it comes to sewing, let alone pattern piecing, I doubt it will happen any time soon! Anyone have experience with this?

In the meantime, here are a few of the patterns I've picked up:





Aren't they darling? If all else fails, perhaps the smallest pattern (which happens to be a 1/2) will fit some stuffed animals. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment