Monday, February 11, 2013

No Business like Snow Business...

So... Winter storm Nemo came through, and our weekend felt a little like this...



Which means we spent a lot of the time bundled up on the couch watching movies to recuperate. Anyone else here from the North East get hammered with snow? 

This weekend we are planning to do a little house hunting with our realtor. I am excited to see some of the places I have been virtually stalking looking at online in person. In the meantime I have a lot more packing to do. 

I've also been trying to knock out some projects in my sewing nook-- like a skirt for my daughter, Claire. Isn't that owl fabric so stinkin' cute? It will be a two-tier skirt with a gathered elastic waistband and a vertical ribbon cinch in the front. 



I also have a set of potholders to finish by this weekend (a gift for my sister). I was a smidge short on fabric so I had to make a visit to our local Joann's Fabric store in hopes that they would still carry it. Thankfully they did. 



Of course, it's impossible for me to walk into that place and not look at anything else. I found some more adorable fabric with little foxes on it that happened to be on sale. Patterns were 60% off too so, of course, I had to find a cute dress to make out of this fabric. It's a sickness. Could you blame me, though? I think I am going to make the little red one first, and Claire is going to look so adorable in it. At least I managed to walk out of there with only ONE extra project rather than a dozen or so. That's progress, people!



This week, while Claire starts Pre-K in the afternoons, I will have a couple hours to get some sewing done. Perhaps she will have a new dress to wear to Grammy's house. I can't wait to share the finished project with you! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment