Monday, March 4, 2013

That's Pinteresting! Kitchen Wish List.

Hey! Hope you all had a fabulous weekend. It's the first week in March! Can you believe it?! The projected close date on our new house is the 29th of this month (Easter weekend). Hopefully everything stays on plan! I can't wait!

Needless to say, I have been incessantly thinking about all of the renovations our new home is in need of. I haven't posed any pictures of the inside (I'm waiting until we finally close on the home before counting my chickens), but trust me when I say that it is a wee bit outdated. The living room is quite large. It has a beautiful stone fireplace that matches the exterior stonework. There are lots of windows that give it plenty of natural light. It's also where wood paneling goes to die. Seriously. The room is covered head to toe in the same orangish-wood hue. No worries, though. It is an easy fix with a can of paint. 

The kitchen, however, is another story. Where do I even begin? The yellow and black tile? The burgundy 50's laminate counter top and matching back splash? The wall-o-wood cabinets? How about the lack of natural light and the bubbling linoleum floor? Or maybe the awkward layout? 

Needless to say, the kitchen leaves a lot to want. Thankfully, Pinterest provides plenty of inspiration to help us make a decision when it comes time to overhaul things. I'm pretty sure just about everyone has a "dream kitchen" (or two) tucked away on their pin boards.

Another great resource is houzz.com., and they have a great article, 10 steps to a kitchen remodel that is extremely helpful in planning out your dream kitchen project. 

Here are some of the cozy kitchen inspirations that have found their way onto mine:










Ugh. I am in heaven with all of the beautiful open shelving, the cozy wood counter/island tops, and the sleek white subway tile and beadboard. Now that I've got a collection of kitchen aesthetics that I love, I can really hone in on the materials that I like best so I can start a plan and form a budget. 

Plans to gut our kitchen will definitely happen in the future. I don't think there is anything salvageable, but I won't know for sure until I spend some time living in the house and using the kitchen on a daily basis. There are lots of "wants", but I have to make sure that I make the things we will need a priority. 

Once we close on the house, I'll be able to reveal all of the gnarly photos so you can get a feel for the layout, so stay tuned! I'm giving you plenty of time to prepare yourself!

Have you completely gutted or overhauled your kitchen? Where did you begin? Please share your progress with me if you have it. I'm always looking for more inspiration to add to my board. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment