To kick things off, I decided to knock some of the things that have been on my project list for a while. My daughter has the cutest canopy doll bed, but the lackluster, cheap bedding it came with did not stand up to the rigorous play of a toddler. The Jill of all trades in me thought, "I can make a new bedding set. No problem." That's was almost two years ago. Awesome, huh?
Well, I am glad to report that I've finally gotten off my bum and started taking care of business. I had no idea what I was doing, but I am crafty enough to figure something out. I saved the old, tattered remnants of the ugly pink and white 90% polyester bedding that formerly dressed the canopy and sides. They were too far gone to provide a useful template, though, so I just decided to wing it. I have to tell you that I am loving the results. I'm not a professional anything-- especially when it comes to sewing. My $40 Craigslist sewing machine and I have learned a lot through trial and error. Some days more error than not. I've got several seam ripper tools handy for those days.
I haven't finished the blanket or pillow, yet, and I have the crazy notion to go above and beyond and make a mattress for it. Dolls got to sleep comfortably, too! If you're still reading my ramblings, you're probably thinking, "Shut up, and show some pictures already!" Here you go.
Check back later this week to see the finished result!