Friday, January 25, 2013

Pack it up, Pack it in...

Let me begin...


I have slowly begun the packing process here at the casa. I have never been so happy to have saved my moving boxes and packing paper before! Sometimes I wonder if it is fate that led me to hang onto that stuff. Usually I am the first person to chuck unwanted clutter to the curb. This is an unexpected, and handy blessing.


I've been using our front porch as a staging area for my packed boxes. This definitely helps keep things out of the way inside the house. I have a few more boxes packed inside, but I am electing to keep them there since they contain extra fragile items like my daughters Disney snow globe collection. The front porch isn't insulated at all (heck, the windows are barely hanging on-- esp on the right side), and I wouldn't want the globes to freeze and break. I've also made sure to stack the boxes at a distance from the windows. When it rains or snows, moisture easily makes its way into the room since the windows do not close properly.

If I keep packing at this pace, we will be more than ready to move by the end of April! Now we just need to find a new place to call home. We've already been pre-approved for our mortgage loan. Now we just need to find the right place! It's been kind of fun scouting out all of the possibilities online. Hopefully we will be able to take a trip to Pennsylvania next month (where we are moving to) so we can spend an afternoon touring properties with our realtor. I'm so excited!

In other news, our taxes are filed. I jumped at the chance to get it done early since it will be one less thing to worry about when time draws closer to our move date. We're also counting on some of those extra monies to help us move since teleportation isn't an option yet.

I also received a phone call from our local school district. Back in August I had tried to sign the cupcake up for pre-K, but to my dismay their program was already full and she was placed onto a waiting list. Wouldn't you believe that now we've planned to leave the area, space would open up for her to go to school. I am sending her anyway-- even if it is for only a few months. Pre-K here is only three days a week for a few hours either in the morning or afternoon. The opening they have is in the afternoon, and it will give her some time out of the house to socialize while giving me a few hours to get things done around here. I may even be able to get some extra napping packing taken care of while she's gone. :)

So, that's what I've been up to lately. I've got a few more projects to finish up in my sewing room, and should have a project to share with you all by this Monday. We'll see if I can get properly motivated to finish it! Anyone else enjoy the packing part of moving like I do? It's SO much easier than unpacking, for sure! I feel the same way about suitcases when preparing for a trip. This will hopefully be the last time we will have to move for a LONG time!

No comments:

Post a Comment